The goal of GRACE Scholars is to assist families with financial need to be able to afford a Catholic education while at the same time providing donors with an opportunity to use their tax dollars towards Catholic school scholarships. GRACE Scholars is the only Student Scholarship Organization (SSO) that exclusively supports Catholic education. GRACE Scholarships are available to qualifying students who are entering Catholic school for the first time. GRACE Scholarships are funded by Georgia taxpayers who redirect a portion of their Georgia state income tax to GRACE. Through the incredible generosity of our donors, we currently have 29 students receiving $90,568 in GRACE scholarships.
How does it work?
- Make a contribution to GRACE Scholars
- Designate STM School to receive 100% of your contribution
- Receive a tax CREDIT (dollar for dollar) on your Georgia taxes
The process is very simple:
- Pre-register online at gracescholars.org by December 15, 2018 for the 2019 tax year. The online form takes less than five minutes to complete.
- Approval letters are mailed by the Georgia Department of Revenue in January 2019.
- Donors have 60 days from the date of the approval letter to make their donation.