We are looking for teen volunteers to help in the classrooms! Please contact email@example.com if interested.
Please join us for our ‘meet & greet’ on August 13th from 10:40- 11:15 am. This is for all registered RE parents and kids 4 year olds- 5th grades. Please note: this IS NOT a parent drop off.
PLEASE NOTE: RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CLASSES FOR 4YR OLDS ARE MOVING TO THE SAME TIME SLOT AS GRADES K-5TH.
ALL CLASSES WILL MEET FROM 10:40 – 11:35 AM ON SUNDAYS IN THE STM SCHOOL CLASSROOMS.
* Religious Education classes start Sunday, August 20th. Late registrations will be accepted until Sunday, September 10, 2017. No registrations will be accepted after September 10th. All registrations and fee payments must be made on-line.
Our Parish Religious Education program provides classes for students four years old through 5th grade for Catholic children not enrolled in parochial schools. Volunteers are needed to teach and are given all teaching materials required.
Please note there is no longer a 3 yr. old class being offered, but parents are invited to make use of our nursery during the 9:30am mass.
If your child is in 2nd grade and preparing for First Eucharist, a copy of the baptismal certificate is needed at the time of registration.
Parish Religious Education Registration – Fees: $75 for the 1st child, $50 for each additional child. Fees payable on-line only.
2017-2018 Religious Ed Calendar
Safe Sunday form – the Safe Sunday form is also due at registration
Children’s Books that speak to themes of Reconciliation
Atwood, Margaret, Princess Prunella and the Purple Peanut
Bemelmans, Ludwig, Madeline and the Bad Hat
Chen, Chihuahua-Yuan, Guji, Guji
DeJong, Meindert, The Wheel on the School
Geisel, Theodor, The Sneetches and Other Stories
Hoban, Russell, A Birthday for Frances
Joslin, Sesyle, What Do You Say Dear?
Miner, Julia, The Shepherd’s Song–The 23rd Psalm
Sendak, Maurice, Outside Over There
Scarry, Richard, Pig Will and Pig Won’t
Preparing for Advent Book list for Second Grade Parents
1. Demi, The Legend of Saint Nicholas, Margaret K. McElderry, New York, 2003.
2. Berger, Barbara Helen, The Donkey’s Dream, Philomel Books, New York, 1985.
3. Brett, Jan, Home for Christmas, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, New York, 2011.
4. Brett, Jan, The Twelve Days of Christmas, Dodd, Mead&Co., New York, 1986.
5. Geisel, Theodore Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Random House, New York, 1957.
6. Gilman, Phoebe, Something from Nothing, Scholastic Inc, New York, 1992
7. Rubel, David, The Carpenter’s Gift, Random House, New York, 2011.
8. Wahl, Thomas, How Jesus Came, Peublo Publishing Co., New York, 1981
9. Swerved, Lisbeth, The Gift of the Magi, Neugebauer Press, USA, 1982
10. CD. God Comes Tomorrow… The Cathedral Singers, Wild Goose Resource Group, Iona Community, GIA Publications, Chicago, IL, 2001.