ALL CLASSES WILL MEET FROM 10:40 – 11:35 AM ON SUNDAYS IN THE STM SCHOOL CLASSROOMS.
Our Parish Religious Education program provides classes for students four years old through 5th grade for Catholic children not enrolled in parochial schools. Volunteers are needed to teach and are given all teaching materials required.
Please note there is no longer a 3 yr. old class being offered, but parents are invited to make use of our nursery during the 9:30am mass.
If your child is in 2nd grade and preparing for First Eucharist, a copy of the baptismal certificate is needed at the time of registration.
Parish Religious Education Calendar 2017-18
Safe Sunday form – the Safe Sunday form is also due at registration
Operation Christmas Child video
Children’s Books that speak to themes of Reconciliation
Atwood, Margaret, Princess Prunella and the Purple Peanut
Bemelmans, Ludwig, Madeline and the Bad Hat
Chen, Chihuahua-Yuan, Guji, Guji
DeJong, Meindert, The Wheel on the School
Geisel, Theodor, The Sneetches and Other Stories
Hoban, Russell, A Birthday for Frances
Joslin, Sesyle, What Do You Say Dear?
Miner, Julia, The Shepherd’s Song–The 23rd Psalm
Sendak, Maurice, Outside Over There
Scarry, Richard, Pig Will and Pig Won’t
Preparing for Advent Book list for Second Grade Parents
1. Demi, The Legend of Saint Nicholas, Margaret K. McElderry, New York, 2003.
2. Berger, Barbara Helen, The Donkey’s Dream, Philomel Books, New York, 1985.
3. Brett, Jan, Home for Christmas, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, New York, 2011.
4. Brett, Jan, The Twelve Days of Christmas, Dodd, Mead&Co., New York, 1986.
5. Geisel, Theodore Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Random House, New York, 1957.
6. Gilman, Phoebe, Something from Nothing, Scholastic Inc, New York, 1992
7. Rubel, David, The Carpenter’s Gift, Random House, New York, 2011.
8. Wahl, Thomas, How Jesus Came, Peublo Publishing Co., New York, 1981
9. Swerved, Lisbeth, The Gift of the Magi, Neugebauer Press, USA, 1982
10. CD. God Comes Tomorrow… The Cathedral Singers, Wild Goose Resource Group, Iona Community, GIA Publications, Chicago, IL, 2001.