Parish Identity and Mission Statement
As disciples of Jesus, we look for God present in all things, that we might love him and serve him in all things.
Our Way of Proceeding
- All that we do we do with profound gratitude to God.
- We are a prayerful and reflective people, yet we are always ready to move into active service of our brothers and sisters.
- We are in communion with the Roman Catholic Church of Atlanta, Georgia. We are faithful to the Church’s teaching and committed to its apostolic priorities.
- We are the Body of Christ, inclusive of all, leaving no one at the margins, and recognizing the dignity of all persons.
- Our ordinary way of making decisions at St. Thomas More is through a process of discernment. This process is prayerful from beginning to end, is one in which each participant is quick to listen to the other and presumes the best intentions in the other. It is a process in which each participant is ready to learn from the other, and which always seeks consensus.
- Our ordinary way of serving God’s people is in collaboration with one another, including people of good will outside of our parish community.
- We are ever searching for and ready to undertake whatever serves the greater glory of God and the fuller service of our neighbor.
- We, parishioners and pastor, are colleagues in ministry. We share responsibility for governance of the community at St. Thomas More. Our collaboration is based on our respect for one another and a shared understanding of our parish identity and mission.
Parish governance is characterized by transparency, broad participation, and mutual accountability.
Recommended by the St. Thomas More Parish Council and adopted by the Pastor, 1/23/18